Come and join us on 14 April 2018 in Clarens in the eastern Free State for the TOKEN Double90 Team Challenge over 180 km. Like the Coronation Double Century, this event invites teams of between 6 and 12 riders to come and have fun, with the time of the 6th rider across the finish line being taken as the team’s official time.
The Token Double90 Team Challenge is fast becoming one of the most popular team events in the country. Teams can compete in one of three categories: Open (mixed), all-male, or all-female. Prize money is on offer for the podium winners, and huge bragging rights for all finishers. Team spots are, however, filling up quickly and we only have space for 120 teams.
So, what’s there to look forward to?
Saturday 14 April 2018
Clarens, eastern Free State
- A challenging and varied route
- Spectacular scenery, especially in the last half of the course
- See if you can cycle all the way up the “Mine shaft”, the highest point of the route at 2050m before starting the final leg back to Clarens
- The challenge of getting the whole team to the finish line
- Supporter zone where you can refuel before the big climb in Golden Gate
- Enjoy a relaxed day after the ride strolling through the many interesting shops and art galleries in Clarens
- Have a great meal after the ride at one of the restaurants or coffee shops in Clarens
- A weekend breakaway from the hustle and bustle of the city
We look forward to seeing you at the 2018 Token Double90.
WIN WITH TOKEN IN JANUARY
Win a R1000 voucher! TOKEN Cycling, title sponsor of our iconic Double90 Team Challenge that takes place on 14 April in Clarens, is running a great promotion: Simply ‘like’ their Facebook page and subscribe to the TOKEN newsletter before the end of January 2018, and you could be the winner of a R1000 voucher. The draw for the voucher will take place on 1 February 2018.