Java MTB Challenge 2019 Bigger & Better
The 7th annual Java MTB Challenge takes place at Van Loveren Family Vineyards in the Robertson valley on 12 October. The charity MTB event will thrill regulars and first timers alike with a few new cards up their sleeve.
The Java routes & trails come highly recommended by top riders, showcasing the unique beauty of the wine lands. Routes range from a non-technical fun ride which is perfect for families to do together, all the way up to gruelling routes for top riders only. A brand new 65km MTB route with about a 1400m elevation will be replacing the 80km AND a brand new additional Xtreme Trail Run of 15km will be offered for the adventure-loving runner.
This event includes some new single track specifically developed for the 2018 Cape Epic, which can be enjoyed again after the event!
- 6 km: An easy, non-technical ride suitable for children, perfect for families to do together.
- 20 km: An ideal route for beginners with rewarding vineyard and valley views. Mostly jeep track with some single track, gentle hills, not very technical with only 250 m elevation.
- 45 km: A rewarding route for fit, experienced riders; includes challenging and technical climbs and descents and sections of the 2018 ABSA Cape Epic.
- 65 km: A challenging new route for experienced, top riders. Includes sections of the 2018 ABSA Cape Epic and and new custom-built single tracks. 1400 m elevation.
- 10 km Trail Run: A most scenic route crossing the Breede River, along vineyards, not that tough, participants are welcome to do as a brisk walk as well.
- 15km Trail Run: A brand new “crazy” trail for the thrill-seeking runners, full of action packed obstacles and breathtaking scenery.
DIRECTIONS TO VENUE
From Cape Town, take the N1 towards Worcester and continue on the R60 towards Robertson. Continue straight through Robertson until you reach the traffic circle on the R317. Turn right at the traffic circle towards Bonnievale. Van Loveren will be approximately 15 km along on your right.
Proceeds to 7 local schools and charities: Robertson High School, Robertson Primary School, Robertson Preparatory School, Wakkerstroom-Wes Rural School, Jakes Gerwel Educational Trust School, Herberg Children’s Home and Bonnievale Vrybrugers. Great lucky draw prizes.
We recommend that all riders download the mySOS App on their mobile devices so that they may be tracked during the course of the race: https://bit.ly/2HNHtpD .
* - R 30 late registration fee (Trail Runs)
** - R 70 late registration fee (MTB)