SATURDAY SOCIAL RIDE REPORT: (by Rodney Beck)
This week we welcomed the first tandem to our social rides. With Barry as the pilot and his 14-year-old daughter Amber, stoking, they make a formidable team.
In perfect weather conditions, we set off from PPA House making our way through Claremont and Kenilworth heading towards Constantia. Scenic routes have become the order of the day and so it was via Strawberry Lane before joining up with Spaanschematriver Road into Westlake.
A few riders decided not to take on Boy’s Drive and so stuck with the Main Road through to Kalk Bay.
Cycling up Boy’s Drive in a Southerly direction is never easy, but with favourable weather (last week the wind was up around the 40km mark) certainly makes it a lot easier.
A quick regroup in Kalk Bay and we were on our way back on Main Road via Muizenberg. It may be due to the smell of coffee but coming back is definitely a lot quicker.
I encourage all cyclists attending our rides to wear their Safe Cycling tops so that we can easily identify our riders. Not to mention how cool it looks when everyone is wearing the same kit.
Once again a huge thank you to Wayne for doing back up, and always making sure that we stay safe.
See you all on Saturday.
As per previous rides up till robots at Constantia Sports Grounds.
– Left at robots after sports ground into Spaanschermat River Rd
– Straight over robots at Ladies Mile.
– Straight up to Tokia circle
– Straight over the circle, pass Pollsmoor.
– Pass Reddam House ( Steenberg Rd)
– Straight over robots at Ou Kaapseweg turn off
– Right at robot into Westlake Dr
– Left at circle into Westlake Ave.
– Right into Boyes Dr.
– Left at the robot in Kalk Bay.
– Straight down the road, pass Muizenberg.
– Left into the second turn off into Boyes Dr in Lakeside.
– Right into Westlake Ave
– All the way back on the same route when started.