The PPA Wacky Wheels Overnight Tour is a relaxing, very social overnight cycle tour with the emphasis on FUN. What it’s all about:
Please time your departure from Cape Town so that you arrive at the Onrus Campsite between 08h00 and 08h30. We’ll have some coffee, rusks and muffins available at the camp site for you to snack on while you put up your tent and get ready for the day’s ride. We’ll leave our cars at the camp site (lock away all valuables) and start pedalling in small groups no later than 09h30, making our way towards Stanford 30km away.
We’ll stop in Stanford for lunch at the famous Madre’s Kitchen (included in your entry) and for those who are keen, a free wine tasting experience at the venue.
Once lunch is done, we’ll head back to Onrus at 14h30 and complete our day’s ride of 60+ km’s. Back at the camp, tea/coffee/coke will be served at 16h30 with the rest of the afternoon yours to play with. Beach time if you will! Prize-giving will start at around 17h30 with plenty of weird and wacky categories to win from! Supper will follow soon after at around 18h30 – we’ll do a short walk up the road to Bella Napoli, where stunning pizzas await you. While the cost of the pizza is included in your tour price, any drinks will be for your own account.
Please note that there are no marshals, traffic support or route markings en route, and you will be expected to obey all traffic rules at all times. Total distance for the day is roughly 60km.
This morning’s ride will start earlier as we head off in the other direction towards Kleinmond and brunch awaits. This brunch is NOT included in your entry fee. After brunch it’s time to pedal back ‘home’ to base camp to pack up, clean up and hit the road. The day’s total distance will be around 50km.
• Only 50 Wacky Wheelers can be accommodated.
• Preference will be given to PPA members, after which entries will be opened to non-members, after which entries will be opened to non-cyclists.
• Your entry fee includes the following: camp site for Saturday night (4-6 people to a site); light breakfast [coffee/tea/rusks] on Saturday and Sunday mornings; tea/coffee & biscuits on Saturday afternoon; Lunch on Saturday; Dinner on Saturday evening and your Wacky Wheels t-shirt.
• Please supply your own tent (or find a friend with one to share!), sleeping bag, camping mattress, and whatever camping equipment you cannot do without. A list of recommended clothes, toiletries and camping stuff will be sent to you closer to the Tour.
• Participants are required to obey all traffic rules, ride in single file when required, and stop at all stop streets and red traffic lights. No marshalling or traffic support will be provided.
• All drinks and alcoholic beverages consumed at supper on Saturday night will be for your own account.
• Brunch and snacks consumed en route will be for your own account
• Entry is secured only upon receipt of full payment.
• No refunds will be made after 1st of March, although substitutions will be allowed.
• The Wacky Wheels Overnight Tour will not take place if fewer than 25 entries are received.
Entry fee: PPA MEMBERS: R460 NON-PPA MEMBERS: R560
Download an entry form here
Enquiries: James at the PPA Office on (021) 689-8420 / firstname.lastname@example.org