The Pedal Power Association subsidises the events that are accepted onto the PPA calendar in various ways, in an effort to ensure well-organised events for its members and cyclists in the Western Cape, and to assist organisers to keep costs down as much as possible – which means the organisers can keep entry fees down, so that our members benefit.
- PPA pays the provincial traffic application fees on behalf of the event and assists with obtaining traffic approval for the event;
- PPA pays Racetec to electronically time all paid-up PPA members wearing transponders at an event, as well as to upload and display their results electronically;
- PPA buys and maintains route equipment and trailers, including marshals flags and bibs;
- PPA pays for the various seeding calculations needed to seed cyclists according to ability;
- PPA pays for the first annual seeded funride number provided to members;
- PPA supplies and pays for an Events Coordinator to provide support and assistance in various ways; before, during and after the event;
- PPA pays for and supplies crew to assist with the line-up, start and finish of the event;
- PPA supplies and pays for admin staff to assist members with various queries at registration.
- PPA markets the event to its current electronic database of over 19 000 cyclists, and pays for the production of a printed calendar which is distributed to cycle dealers in the Cape Metropole;
- PPA supplies cycling marshals to assist with the start, and to assist cyclists en route.